Integrative Cancer Care
Naturopathic medicine is the perfect complement to your conventional cancer treatment plan. It is a unique approach that offers natural medicine solutions to many concerns that cancer patients frequently encounter.
Cancer Care Support
A skilled naturopathic medicine prescription can often help to mitigate common side effects of conventional cancer therapy such as:
- Mouth sores & mucositis
- Nausea & vomiting
- Decreased appetite
- Weight management (loss or gain)
- Neuropathy (numbness or tingling)
- Low blood counts or reduced immune function
- Skin changes (rashes, peeling/cracking of the hands or feet)
- Mood changes, depression or anxiety
- Sexual dysfunction
Beyond managing side effects and supporting quality of life, we will look at how cancer has manifested in your life and what we can modify to shift your body away from the cancer process and to aid in the fight against cancer.
Through proper screening, diet, exercise, stress management, healthy sleep, hormone balance, avoidance of toxic exposures and working through individual health issues/needs, it may be possible to reduce cancer risk. This is done through practical and pragmatic counselling on adopting a cancer prevention life-style. Working on these lifestyle factors can also reduce your risk for other diseases, improve your sense of well-being and increase your daily productivity.
FAQ: Does Dr. Moore see patients for general medicine concerns?
- Absolutely! Naturopathic medicine is rooted in a philosophy of restoring balance through a therapeutic order. From blood sugar control to PMS, restoring balance to your body is key part of cancer prevention. If you are a patient who does not have cancer and would like help with a general medicine concern, Dr. Moore would be pleased to work with you.
If you are a cancer survivor you may have questions about cancer prevention, risk recurrence, recovery from the long-term side effects of cancer treatment, restoring your vitality and energy or other questions. Dr. Moore can help you to answer these questions and work towards establishing your individualized picture of health and wellness.
Common areas of survivorship focus include:
- Adopting a lifestyle that makes it more difficult for cancer to recur
- Restoring vitality & energy
- Identifying deficiencies and imbalances (ie. Nutritional, hormonal, emotional, physical etc.) and restoring health to those areas
- Sexual wellness
- Reducing inflammation
- Reducing exposure to environmental toxins
- Supporting emotional health and wellness
- Weight management and metabolic health
- Targeting cancer-type-specific risk factors such as factors of angiogenesis, inflammation etc
- Supporting functional status during return to work, exercise or activities of daily life.